Friday, December 19, 2008

December 18, 2008

Today has been a big day for me and this little blog! First, I'm truly honored, and somewhat surprised to tell you that Snail Mail Addict has received A Passion For Letters Message In A Bottle Award!!


Message in a Bottle Award from passionforletters.com


Less than a month old and my youngest blog has an award! ^.^ The award will be in the side bar, over there. --->

Next, I found out about another mail site that I'm sure will be adding to my mail adventures: http://www.sendsomething.net (Thanks to RR) You just send random somethings to random people. It looks pretty neat. So far, I am only sending letters, but when I start going to the post office regularly with care packages for my husband and friends in Iraq, I will start sending other random things as well...mixed CDs...a book, etc. I'm looking forward to getting random stuff, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Also, one of my Postcrossing cards finally made it to Turkey, freeing me up to send out a postcard to Janina from Germany:
She said she was interested in city views only. Well, I don't live in a city, I live on a military instillation. This is as close to a city view as you get.

Speaking of post cards. My husband called from overseas and said he'd gotten me some post cards from Baltimore and Kuwait! Awesomeness!

And finally, it is still snowing pretty bad here. The mail still came ( I got a really cute Christmas card signed by a bunch of my friends back home in San Pedro!...still no postcards.) but my Amazon shipment via UPS was delayed due to weather. I thought that was kind of odd, seeing as the mail man made it.

That's it for tonight. Hopefully will have more snail mail action to report tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment